What Information We Collect
As used in this Policy, “personal information” refers to information that can be used to identify you as an individual or your household.
Information You Provide to Us.
- Account Information: If you create a Mogul account, we will collect the information you give us, including your name, username, phone number, email address, and profile picture, as well as the artist and catalog information you submit. We will also collect and store your account preferences when you interact with our settings menu.
- Linked Accounts: Mogul works by letting you link your business accounts to help you take control of your sources of income across multiple platforms. When you link an account, we ask you to provide the login information for that account, which allows you to organize information like earnings files, statements, payout details, catalog, and registration data.
- Uploaded Documents: Mogul lets you manually upload a file or statement from a source to add to your profile and analytics.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use our Services, we may automatically collect information about your or your device, including:
- Log and usage data: This includes your IP address, user ID, browser type, operating system, referral URLs, device information, and device settings.
- Actions when using the Services: We collect information about the actions you take when interacting with the Services. This includes your interactions with pages, links, and content, like creating reports, linking sources, and similar actions.
- Location information: We do not track your location, although your IP address gives us a general idea of your city and state. We only collect your address if you choose to submit it during account creation.
Information We Receive from Third Parties
We may process publicly available information about you from third party sources like social media, including album artwork from platforms like Spotify. We use this information to build your profile and catalog, to help you find other revenue opportunities, and for other business-related purposes.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect from you and about you for the primary business purpose of creating personalized revenue analytics and perform related services. We will not make any changes to the data in your linked accounts or complete any transactions on your behalf without express authorization from you.
In addition, we may use this information to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve the Services;
- Personalize the Services, content, and features to match user preferences, interests, or profiles.
- Help protect the safety of Mogul and our users, addressing abuse, and enforcing the Terms and other policies;
- Send you account notices, updates, and other administrative messages;
- Provide customer support services;
- With your consent, send you marketing emails about our products and services, upcoming promotions, information about our partners and affiliates, and other news. You may opt out of receiving such information at any time, and such marketing emails tell you how to do so. Please note, even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you non-marketing emails (for example, emails about your Account or our business dealings with you);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
How We Share Your Information
We do not sell your personal information. In addition, we only share personal information in the following ways:
- with your express consent;
- in an aggregate or anonymized format that does not identify you;
- as required by law, or to comply or respond to a valid government request;
- when we believe in good faith that it's necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, or investigate fraud; and
- with a buyer or successor if Mogul is involved in a merger, acquisition, or similar corporate transaction. If that happens, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the Website of any change in ownership, as well as any choices you will have as a result.
How We Protect Your Information
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal data within our organization. This includes 256-bit encryption of linked account login information both at rest and in transit, as well as internal access restrictions.
Unfortunately, transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, nor can we guarantee the security of any transmission or storage system. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us as set forth below.
We store the information we collect for as long as it is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. If you delete your account, this will remove our access to any previously linked accounts. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
Links or Content from Other Websites
Third Party Links
Our Services may contain links to other sites that we do not own or operate. We do not control these sites and are not responsible for their content, products, services, or privacy policies or practices. We recommend that you review these other sites’ privacy policies and make your own determination as to your use of them.
We may communicate with you through several different channels, including email, direct message, text, or phone. You can control which method we use to communicate in the preferences section of your profile.
You may opt out of receiving some or all categories of promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications (for example, by clicking the unsubscribe link) or in the preferences section of your profile. If you opt out of promotional communications, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as information about your account or your use of the Services.
Deleting Your Account
If you wish to delete your account, you can submit a request to delete the personal information Mogul maintains about you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When you delete your account, this will remove our ability to access previously linked accounts and any related analysis data that you have not saved. We may also retain certain information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes after you delete your account.
Additional rights regarding your data
If you live in California, Colorado, or another state with heightened data privacy rights, you have some additional rights when it comes to your data.
- Right to Delete: You can ask us to delete the personal information we have about you.
- Right to Access: You also can ask us for a copy of the pieces of personal information we have about you.
To exercise any of these rights, you (or your authorized agent) can contact us by email at email@example.com. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days, and will provide a response to you within 45 days of your request, though in some exceptional cases it might take longer (if that happens, we'll let you know). We will need your name and email address to verify your request, and may also ask for additional information if necessary to verify the identity of the person making the request. We reserve the right to deny your request if we cannot verify your identity, or if an exemption applies (for example, where fulfilling your request would adversely affect other individuals, or where we have a conflicting legal obligation). That said, we will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your privacy rights.
To learn about the categories of personal information that Mogul uses, please see the sections of this Privacy Statement called “What Information We Collect.” The personal information that we have collected in the past 12 months falls into the following categories as set out under California law:
- Identifiers (name, username, email address, IP address)
- Professional or employment-related information
- Commercial Information
- Internet Activity (your interactions with the Services)
- Audio, electronic, visual or similar information
- Geolocation (your address if you choose to provide it, your approximate city/state from your IP address)
European Data Rights
If you are an individual in the EEA, and access the Services, note that Mogul is acting in the capacity of Controller when collecting and processing personal data on our own behalf and for our own purposes. Mogul is established in the United States of America. Our address is 9225 W Sunset Blvd #400, West Hollywood CA 90069. Our contact email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- as necessary to fulfill our Terms and provide the Services;
- consistent with your consent, which you may revoke at any time;
- as necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
- occasionally to protect your vital interests or those of others;
- as necessary in the public interest; and
- as necessary for our (or others') legitimate interests, unless those interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms that require protection of personal data.
If the processing of personal data about you is subject to European Union data protection law, you have certain rights with respect to that information:
- You can request access to, and rectification or erasure of, personal data;
- If any automated processing of personal data is done with your consent or under a contract with you, you have a right to transfer or receive a copy of the personal data in a usable and portable format;
- If the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you can withdraw consent at any time for future processing;
- You can object to, or obtain a restriction of, the processing of personal data under certain circumstances; and
- For residents of France, you can send us specific instructions regarding the use of your data after your death.
To make such requests contact us at email@example.com. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, but we encourage you to first contact us with any questions or concerns.
We may rely on different lawful bases for collecting and processing personal data about you, for example, with your consent and/or as necessary to provide the products you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our Customers, or fulfill other legitimate interests.
International Data Transfers: As we are located in the United States, if you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that information you share and we collect will be transferred to, and processed, stored, and used in the United States in order to provide the Services to you.
Individuals Under 13
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from anyone under 13 years of age. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personal information from an individual under 13, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
What are cookies?
We collect information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on the Site and Platform.
We use two broad categories of cookies: (1) first party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device, which are used only by us to recognize your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Site or Platform; and (2) third party cookies, which are served by service providers on our Site and Platform, and can be used by such service providers to recognize your computer or mobile device when it visits other websites.
Cookies we use
Our Platform uses the following types of cookies for the purposes set out below:
Type of Cookie: Essential Cookies
Purpose: These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our Platform and to enable you to use some of its features. For example, they allow you to log in to secure areas of the Platform, identify a referring affiliate and help the content of the pages you request load quickly. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services.
Type of Cookie: Functionality Cookies
Purpose: These cookies allow the Platform to remember choices you make when you use our Site and Platform, such as remembering your language preferences, remembering your login details and remembering open projects. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you use the Platform.
Type of Cookie: Analytics and Performance Cookies
Purpose: These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our Platform and how users use our Site and Platform. The information gathered does not identify any individual visitor. The information is aggregated and anonymous. It includes the number of visitors to the Platform, the websites that referred them, the pages they visited on the Platform, what time of day they used the Platform, whether they have visited our Site or used the Platform before, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate the Platform more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on the Platform.
We use Google Analytics for this purpose. You can find out more information here:
Type of Cookie: Social Media Cookies
You can typically remove or reject cookies via your browser settings. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “settings,” “help” “tools” or “edit” facility). Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings.
Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.com.uk.
If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience or be unable to use the Platform. For example, we may not be able to recognize your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit the Platform.
Changes to this Policy
To contact us for any reason, including to make a complaint or send a consumer data request, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also contact us by mail:
Mogul Service Inc.
9225 W Sunset Blvd #400
West Hollywood CA 90069